Lower Your Cholesterol Levels, Naturally

Lower Your Cholesterol Levels, Naturally.Cholesterol is a fat found in the human body, 80% of which is produced by the liver. The other 20% comes from your diet like meat, eggs and dairy.

We always think cholesterol is bad. But this is not the case; There are two types of cholesterol, good cholesterol – HDL (high-density lipoprotein) and bad cholesterol – LDL (low-density lipoprotein). High levels of LDL cholesterol in the body penetrate the inner walls of the arteries and harden them, leading to coronary heart disease. Likewise, a high level of HDL cholesterol minimizes the harmful effects of LDL cholesterol. There are several steps you can keep in mind to maintain healthy LDL cholesterol levels.

Below 100 mg/dL would be optimal
100 to 129 mg/dL is near/above optimal
130 to 159 mg/dL is high within the range
160 to 189 mg/dL is considered high at high
190 mg/dL and above is very high

Regular monitoring or testing of your cholesterol levels is very important. Men and women 20 years of age and older should take the test every 5 years. This type of screening helps keep your health under control. It is also helpful if the patient has a family history of conditions such as diabetes, obesity, or cardiovascular disease.

Tips to remember

Exercise regularly to keep your heart healthy. It also helps to burn the excess fat that you are carrying.Avoid trans fatty acids such as chips, cookies, cakes and many other fried fast foods.

Consume less carbohydrates by avoiding sugar, flour, potatoes and white rice. Avoid foods that contain too much cholesterol like egg yolks, liver, kidneys, brains, etc. Quitting smoking increases HDL levels by seven points.

Natural Ways to Increase HDL

Red wine is consumed in reasonable amounts for a positive result. It contains antioxidants like Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Pinot Noir that help slow down the oxidation of HDL and LDL cholesterol. By drinking wine, the level of HDL does not increase, but it contains a large amount of different types of fats in the blood, which are very useful for the body.

Drinking orange juice every day increases HDL levels by almost 21%. This is possible thanks to the presence of flavonoids.

Kidneys and kidney beans are another source for raising HDL levels. They contain low glycemic index carbohydrates that do not require insulin to spike during digestion.

Eating fish several times a week is helpful in increasing HDL levels because it contains omega-3 fatty acids. Fish such as sardines, salmon, sea bass, herring and many others are some good sources of cholesterol. If you don’t like fish, you can take fish oil supplements.

Olive oil contains the most monounsaturated fats. Having 1-2 teaspoons in your daily diet will help a lot.Oat bran lowers LDL and increases HDL. Studies have shown that two ounces of oat bran per day reduces LDL by 16% and increases HDL by 15%.

Half an onion a day increases HDL levels by 30%.. Soy products increase HDL levels, thereby lowering LDL.

Soluble fiber found in fruits like apples, grapes and citrus fruits is helpful in raising HDL levels. Guggul lipid an indigenous herb used mainly in Ayurvedic medicine also helps maintain healthy cholesterol and triglyceride levels.

Green tea lowers LDL levels by increasing HDL levels.Eat more fiber and include raw garlic in your diet, they are helpful in lowering cholesterol levels.

Warning: Readers of this article should take all precautions while following the home remedy instructions in this article. Avoid using any of these products if you are allergic to them. The responsibility lies with the reader, not the site or the author.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *